Education and training is important for every individual person who is working in organization for enhancing their skills and knowledge. For this process company hire professionals who train employees related to their specialism area. This is an long term process which continue because business environment is dynamic in nature when modification take place it require training and education to work on it (Cooner, 2010). Below mention assignment is based on TESCO which is an retail sector organization founded in 1919 and its founder is Jack Cohen. Product offering by them are Supermarket, Hypermarket, Superstore and convenience shop. It is large scale enterprise in which training and education is necessary for existing employees and new candidates also. Entire program is framed by Human Resource department of an company as well they analyse that which employee need training.
1.1 Concept of professionalism and dual professionalism in education and training
Concept of Professionalism- An individual person is known as professional when they have some special quality and characteristics. For becoming an professional in specific area need studies and education so that in future they are known as specialist of that particular field. There are some attributes which is required in professionalism some of them are mention below:-
You May Visit: Planning for Business Growth of Cafe Gallery
- Specialized Knowledge: This is basic requirement because professionals are known for their specialized knowledge. An person have degree or certificate which is foundation of their knowledge as well there are many organization one of them is TESCO who hire professional of particular field for training and development of their staff members. For example, an person is done their degree in Information technology sector then they are specialist in IT sector.
- Competency: Their are several situations which may arise in professional field but the specialized person turn them into right by their hard work and efforts (Wallis, 2015). They don't make excuses for anything but find solutions by focusing on it.
- Accountability: Professional feel themselves that they are accountable for all of their views, thoughts, words, actions and specially for their mistakes also. Because professional is also an human being they can also made mistake but in this their liability is that they have to correct it again.
Dual Professionalism: Mainly educators and trainers are dual professional because they are both specialist subjective, vocational and teaching experts also. They maintain and develop their expertise area on time basis so that better outcomes can be gain for their learners to who they are educating and training (Young and McNulty, 2016).
For More: Assignment Help Brisbane
Vocational training method is used by retail sector for educating and training purpose. The person who is specialist in in the specific area can enhance skills and knowledge of staff member who is working in TESCO.There are several training method which can be used by trainee for educating their employees. Some of them are given below:
- On the job training: This is the training method in which skills and knowledge of employees related to particular area is enhanced by professional while doing their work. In simple words it can be said that it gives direct instruction to staff to perform their activity on actual working floor. Employees get practical knowledge by professional trainers related to their working area. There are some methods of on the job training which can be utilize by TESCO such as Job rotation, coaching, mentoring, apprenticeship and understudy. When on the job training is provided to new and existing employees in organization they gain several benefits one of the most important is their practical knowledge as well it will increase productivity and sales.
- Off the job training method: This is the training method in which employees get trained and learn their job roles away from the actual working place. Thee are several off the job training method such as special lectures, simulation, vestibule training, case studies, role playing and management games. Such kind of training methods gives theoretical knowledge related to job role instead of practical. It don't create any disturbance in actual working place and don't increase productivity also.
These both training method is used by professional in organization for train their employees. Both of these are beneficial and important for enhancing skills and knowledge of individual person that can be practical as well theoretical both (Hoyle, 2012).
1.2 Own professional values influence own practice
Every individual person have their own values which they applies in their day to day life and give major impact in training period. Because these values are used by professional in their working practices that gives negative and positive both impact.
You may also like to read: Importance of Strategic Human Resource Management