- 500+ Experts Online to help you 24x7
- Guaranteed Grade or Get Money Back!
- Rated 4.8/5 Out of 5087 Reviews
Chapter 1: Introduction
The impact of digital marketing tactics in enhancing customer attraction and retention towards organisation; A study on Morrisons.
1.1 Project Introduction
Digital technologies greatly influences the business operations of today's organisation. These technologies include hybrid information systems, cloud computing, social media marketing, mobile communication technologies, artificial intelligence (AI), internet of things, etc. Managers have implemented advance technologies in all departments i.e. from operations to marketing in order enhance the profitability and productivity of the organisation. In this context, the present research will focus on the digital marketing methodologies and approaches used by Morrisons in order to enhance retention and attraction of their targeted customers (Chaffey and Ellis-Chadwick, 2016). Morrisons is one of the leading supermarket company operating in United Kingdom. It is fourth largest supermarket organisation in UK with enormous branches within and outside national borders. Digital marketing refers to the method of promoting organisational goods and services by using different digital technologies especially internet and smart phone technologies (Ryan, 2016). Digital technologies indeed enhance the profitability of organisation and also assist in increasing the operational activities of business. The researcher will create a robust argument in the research project that helps in providing comprehensive understanding of subject matter. The researcher will contrast and compare the articles derived from authentic sources so that explicit understanding of the topic can be created. Furthermore, researcher will describe the precise research methodologies which he or she will going to utilise to carry out the research study. Data will be collected from employees working in marketing department of Morrisons via questionnaire. Researcher will provide some of the best recommendations which management can inculcate within their marketing practices. The research project will be formulated in systematic and structured manner covering aspects of every chapters effectively and effectively.
1.2 Research aim and objectives
The aim of research study is “ To analyse the impact of digital marketing tactics in enhancing customer attraction and retention towards organisation; A study on Morrisons.”
In order to accomplish aim, researcher has set few objectives of the study which are summarised below:
- To examine the effectiveness of various digital marketing techniques.
- To understand why consumers find particular digital marketing technique attractive.
- To understand how consumers view various digital marketing technique.
- To recommends management of Morrisons so that they can improve their digital marketing strategies.
1.3 Research Questions
Research questions are fundamental core of research study. It helps determine the flow of research and provide guidance to researcher in accomplishing aim and objectives of research study. In this context, research questions are formulated below:
- How digital marketing techniques are effective?
- Why consumers find particular digital marketing technique attractive?
- How consumers view various digital marketing technique?
1.4 Rational of research
Researcher through this research will be able increase his or her level of knowledge and understanding about various strategies and technologies for digital marketing used by Morrisons in order to attract their targeted customers. The research will also address various challenges and issues in digital marketing process which helps researcher in enhancing his or her comprehending skills. Through this research, researcher will able to get familiar with Morrisons which is fourth largest supermarket organisation in United Kingdom.
1.5 Significance of research
Digital marketing refers to the process where marketers advertise organisational products and services using digital technologies (Armstrong and et.al., 2015). These technologies have laid great emphasis on individual daily life routine. In this context, marketers by taking advantage of it promote organisational goods and services using digital technologies in order to provide information to large range of customers. The research will help end users by providing them comprehensive understanding about digital marketing strategies and tactics used by the organisation. Furthermore, the research is significantly important for marketers of Morrisons as researcher in the end of study will provide recommendations which can be implemented by the management to enhance their marketing strategies. Through this research, the academician and other researchers as they can use this research for enhancing their understanding and for creating argument in their research study.
1.6 Approach and methodology
In order to attain the aim and objectives of research in precise and appropriate manner, it is essential for researcher to select appropriate research methodology. These are elaborated below:
- Research Philosophy: Research philosophy deals with source, nature and development of knowledge. In this research study, researcher will use positivism research philosophy. Through this researcher will be able observe tangible data or facts which are considered to be credible.
- Research Approach: Research approach is refers to the plan consists of steps describing broad assumptions to description of process data collection. In the present research study, researcher will use inductive research approach.
- Research Design: Research design refers to the plan which helps researcher in attaining research questions. In the present research study, researcher will use exploratory research design.
- Research Strategy: Research strategy refers to the plan which helps in accomplishing aim and objectives of the research study. In the present research, researcher will use quantitative research method for attaining aim and objectives of research study.
- Data Collection: Data collection is crucial process. In the present research researcher will gather data by using questionnaire instrument. Questionnaire will be provided to employees of marketing department of Morrisons. It will consists of close ended questions.
- Sampling: Sampling is statistical method of reducing the size of population. As marketing department of Morrisons is large and population is extensively huge, researcher will take sample of 50 employees randomly in order to gather their review.
- Data Analysis: The data will be analysed by using themes. Researcher will formulate theme for each question and explain it with the help of chart and figures.
Chapter 2: Literature Review
Literature review is considered as essential chapter in research study. Here, researcher will create robust arguments by contrasting and comparing articles derived from authentic sources. The motive of literature review is to establish theoretical framework within research study. Here, researcher will be able to enhance effectiveness of resea