Marketing is the blood and soul of an organisation that will cause the company to grow and develop in a better way. A good marketing will help in building good perception and generate good relationship with an organisation that will cause effective management of the operation followed by an enterprise. Other than this, a good marketing supports effective market penetration that helps in better rise in compatibility of the organization (Pike, 2015). For the report, Your destination has been taken as the organisation of context. It is a UK based transportation firm, which helps in suitable rise
in compatibility of the operation and functions performed. The main aim of the cited firm is to compete with the present market leader, National Express. The report laid emphasis on key duties and roles and responsibilities of a Marketing officer and operations performed by marketing department. Also, the contribution of these roles and responsibilities in achieving of the organisation objectives. Other than this, 7 P's approach of marketing mix of organisation with compare to National Express and a basic marketing plan has been presented for the expansion of company on a national level (Philip, 2014).
a) Explain the key duties and responsibilities for a Marketing Officer and a proposed structure and operations of the marketing department. (P1)
A marketing officer looks after better handling of the operation that will cause the organisation to sell and promote their products and services in a much effective and better way. A good marketing officer will look after the better management of functions that will support a effective handling of promotional activities that has been followed by an organisation. This will help in suitable management of the operation which will support in suitable rise in capability of the enterprise. At Your destination, they look after all the marketing related jobs and actions (Malhotra, 2015). Other than this, they will see through better management of operations that will cause the fucntions of firm to meet the operational requirements in a better way. Some major roles and responsibilities that have been taken in consideration and are been followed by a business organisation. They will help in suitable formatting of the operations that supports a good rise in compatibility of organisation. Some major roles and duties that have been followed by a marketing officer of Your Destination will be as follows:
- Expanses and plans: The Marketing officer will effectively look after better management of business operations to aid the enterprise for better financial sustainability. The effective planning will support better improvement of sales and generate revenues. It will also help an organisation to have a good control over the operations and meeting of targeted goals and handling offucntions in an effective and better way. The setting up of goals and making a strategic plan to fulfil them will help to gain a sustainable market share and meeting of targeted goals and operations. Besides this, they will help the marketing team to gain an effective market share and operational efficiency (Purvis, 2016).
- Brand Image and market placement: The marketing officer of Your Destination will see through better rise in operational capability of organisation that will support a good rise in capability and meeting of needs and demands of an enterprise. They will look after better building of brand image and placing the product or service provided by company like the cited transportation firm in proper manner, will help in good management of the market positioning and improvement of the revenue generation for the firm. This will help the firm to gain a competitive advantage.
- Expansion: the marketing manager will look after better management of expansion policies and measure which will help in suitable rise in compatibility and proper revenue generation of the policies and effective measures in the market. They will see through the effective generation of fund and financial policies that have been followed by organisation. This will follow an election campaign that will support a good rise in the market share of the firm and increase its overall revenue generation that supports a good growth and development of business operation that have been taken in consideration by the cited transportation firm (Mishra, 2016).
- Customer experience: marketing of goods and services is closely related to operations that are associated with the needs and demands that have been taken in consideration by the organisation. The marketing officer will see through the better management of operation that will help in suitable rise in capability and meeting of operations in a better way to increase the revenue generation with sustainability. A good experience will help the firm to gain a better satisfaction level that will cause a good rise in operational capability of organisation by meeting their needs and demands in a better way. A good customer satisfaction approach will help in suitable increase in operational capability and meeting of targeted goals that have been set by the cited transportation firm.
The marketing department of the organisation will be composed of wide range of operation that will help the enterprise to meet the functional requirements of the firm in a better way. This will help in raising the effectiveness and meeting of the targeted goals and gaining a good customer trust level (Moore, 2014).
Besides this, the firm will see through the better handling of the business operations that will help in suitable rise in compatibility and meeting of operational capability of organisation. The marketing department of the firm will see through the effective planning of promotional strategy and implement it for a campaign that will help in proper supporting of a market campaign and meeting of the operations of the user in a much effective and better way. A good and interactive marketing activity will help in suitable management of the operation that will help in effective increase in functional capability and meeting of customer needs and demand.
P2 roles and responsibilities that contribute to wider organisational objectives
Proper handling of the marketing operations will lay a big impact on an organisation in a deep and significant manner. This will help in suitable rise in compatibility and this will support in suitable rise in functional capability of organisations and the satisfaction level of their customer. Other than this, it will help in effective increasing of revenue formation, development of high quality product and services and gaining a good market share and competitive advantage over its rivals and competitors. They will help the firm to meet the operational capability that supports in suitable rise in capability of operations. Some major activities that will be affected by the role and responsibilities are as follows:
Finance: it involves the better handling of the operations that will help is good increase in capability that will support a good management of monetary resources that have been taken in consideration by the organisation. Marketing officer will see through the planning of a marketing plan that will help in suitable rise in operational capability that will help in effective management of operations that will give cited transportation firm a better and effective financial stability and operational capacity (Zgarrick And et.al., 2016). This will also help in effective management of available resources that have been consumed by Your destination that will support a good rise in compatibility and gaining of a good functional operations that will support a better management of business activities in a better way.
Human Resource: the better handling of roles and responsibilities by a marketing officer and marketing department will involve effective recruitment and management of business operation that will help in suitable handling of needs and demands of customers of transportation firm. To carry out the marketing campaign in a very effective way, Your destination will look after better management ofbusiness operation by recruiting ad placing knowledgeable and innovative work force that will work for better connectivity with the firm and thus help in meeting the need and demand of their clients and customers in a very innovative manner. Other than this, higher the Human Resource more will be the approach of company to their customers, catalysing their growth and development in a better way. Other than this, it will help in making the marketing plan of the organisation more effective and innovative (Moore, 2014).
Research and Development: marketing officer at Your Destination will look after better market research that will support a good development of an insight about the needs and demands of customers and come up with high quality innovative products and services that will help the organisation to eradicate issues faced by them. Besides this, it will also help in suitable rise in customer satisfaction level that will cause the increment in revenue generation. In addition, the adoption of latest and advance technology will help the firm to improve its operational capability and meeting of the targeted goals and operations. A good market research will help in better assessment of high quality product and services which will support in effective improvement in functional efficiency of the organisation (Bona and Choices, 2018). The Research and Development of the firm will work with the marketing department of the firm to manufacture and develop high quality and innovative services to gain a sustainable customer satisfaction level. Other than this, it will support a good revenue generation and productivity.
You May Also Like:
- Unit 9 Tourist destination UK College of Business and Computing
- What Can Be Learned from Policy Analysis?
- Unit 3.23 Sustainable Tourism Development Level 3 GSM London
- Strategic Human Resource Management in an Organisation
- Identify Stakeholders Of Tesla And Analyse Their Interests
Sales: The sales department of the firm is directly connected to the operations of marketing body that has been followed by an organisation. It will help in suitable management of needs and demands of its customers that will be held in better rise in capability. The increase in sales is directly proportional to the efficiency of marketing campaign that has been taken in thought process by an organisation (Baker and Saren, 2016). Besides this, marketing officer and promotional department of Your destination, will look after better management of marking and promotional measures that has been undertaken by the firm and is made effective by the transportation firm (Hair Jr. and et.al., 2015).
Get Help in Any Subject
Our intention is to help numerous students worldwide through effective and accurate work.
Manufacturing: they will look after the better development of products and services that are of high quality and innovative approach. The market research will help the organisation to develop a good quality product and service. The effective trend search will help Your Destination to gain a good insight about demands and requirements, thathas been required to be fulfilled in order to gain a effective market share and meeting of targeted goals that are been set by the organisation. It will also improve the satisfaction level of customer and improves productivity of enterprise (Wang, Chen, and Chen, 2016).
P3. Use the 7P’s approach of Your Destination and compare it with that of National express to achieve an overall business objective
The effective assessment of 7 P’s approach for both Your Destination and National express will help in suitable handling of operations and gaining an effective idea about the needs and requirements of their customers. This assessment will help the cited transportations firm to taken in practice innovative and effective measures to improve their services quality. The effective 7 P’s assessment is as follows:
- Product: Product plays a very deep role in management of operations of organisations. A good and high quality product that has been delivered on stipulated time satisfies customers need and demand will help in suitable rise in revenue generations and supports a good expansion of the business firm. As both the firms, Your Destination and National Express works in the transportation sector, they will see through the better providing of high quality and innovative services to their respective customer base in order to expand their market share and operations and sustain in market. This will help the organisation to gain a good attainment of its objectives (Pike, 2016).
- Pricing: the effective pricing also place in gaining a good market share. Customers will prefer a product or service of high quality and efficiency with nominal price tag that will help in suitable rise in operational capability and handling of different functions. A high pricing with nominal quality of product will make a customer base of the company to go reluctant towards the purchasing it. Other than this, both Your Destinations and National Express will see through the effective pricing of their product or services to gain a good revenue generation (Moore, 2014).
- Placing: this will help in suitable positioning of the product and services that is offered by the firm and thus help in suitable handling of business operations that are been followed by the firm. To ensure a good market share like that enjoyed by National Express, Your destination can adopt a proper placing of its outlet in every city of the country and major cities around the globe that help in suitable rise in capability of organisation. It supports a good distribution of services and achieving of targeted objectives.
- Promotion: This is the core of the marketing mix and helps the company to connect with its customer base (Wu, Kirkole and Huang, 2016). It will help the firm to identify its potential clients and increase their knowledge, perception and awareness about their product and services. Both, Your Destination and National Express will look after the innovative and effective advertising of their products and services that will help in suitable rise in operational capacity and market share.
- People: This will involve the customers as well as the work force of the company that will help in suitable rise in revenue generation of cited transportation firm. A good, well behaving, effective and knowledgeable, skilled work force will help in suitable rise in operational capability of the organisation that will help in effective building of trust level with their customers and increase revenue.
- Process: it involves an effective execution of different business activities that are related to transportation business by both cited organisations. This will not only help in identifying the scope of the firm and gain a good market share but will also help in suitable rise in effectiveness and productivity of enterprise helping it to expand its operations.
- Physical evidence: this is the return of service that is gained by the firm in the form of satisfied customers, huge revenue or rise in effectiveness. This can be tangible or non-tangible and depends on the quality of services that have been provided by the firm to their potential as well as existing customer base to expand their business actions (Zgarrick And et.al., 2016).
P4. Producing a basic marketing plan for the nationwide expansion
Below is the basic marketing plan to be applied by “Your Destination”, as part of their worldwide expansion.
This section elaborates a basic plan of marketing that is supposed to be applied by the transportation company named “Your Destination”. It is based on their planning to expand into some newer areas of the nation and open their branches to compete with the leader of this sector who is a major contender as well (Saad, Hassan and Shya, 2015). Herein, the overview of the company will be taken into consideration with an analysis of both its internal and external environment. This will assist in framing effective strategies of marketing to attract a large set of new customers in newer marketplaces. It will also show the implementation of marketing mix; composed of 4 P’s to clearly denote the plan in the most simplified way.
This in context to the chosen organisation named “Your Destination” which is basically operating in the transportation sector of UK. It provides varied transportation related services to the users in almost every corner of London and Essex (Homburg, Jozić and Kuehnl, 2017). It has recently completed its 3 successful years and now planning to expand into some newer locations to target as much users as possible to combat its biggest rival called National express, which is currently at the topmost position.
This section has discoursed upon some specifically intended goals undertaken by the quoted firm and are as stated below-
- To Gain steadily in the market and earn huge number of shares and revenues
- Double the number of repetitive customers in every quarter
This is to analyse the transportation industry of UK to determine the threats and opportunities for “Your Destination” in the future.
It can be done by applying a well-known model called PEST with its 4 vital elements-
- Political- This demonstrates a controversial environment in the transportation industry for the cited enterprise in UK market as a major threat for them to achieve a successful position (Yang, 2015). It is along with ‘n’ number of rivals to compete with and lead the race of winning heart of a large population.
- Economical- This depicts a stable economic condition to work on where fluctuated oil prices, etc., indicates a struggling phase for “Your Destination” to operate in the expanded locations.
- Socio- culture- This is stated to be the most favourable factor where UK population depicts a diversified population with distinct set of needs that can be easily fulfilled by the quoted organisation to meet the changing demands of their customers. It is also important to serve the dynamic market with altering requirement of the travellers (Hapsari, Clemes and Dean, 2015).
- Technological- It refers to the most requisite agenda of “Your Destination” where they have already planned to offer digitalised services to the travellers to make advanced as well as on time bookings from their mobile supported apps and websites. This also indicates yet another significant opportunity fulfilling the demands of today’s modernised world.
This is to discuss upon the adopted strategies of marketing by the cited firm that is firstly to enlarge their undertaken business to some newer locations nearby London and have widespread branches to serve maximum possible users (Miles and et. al., 2015). It is with a prime objective of attaining a topmost position in the market and soon become the leader by replacing the currently positioned transportation enterprise named National Express. For this, below are some vital strategies planned by the quoted entity, such as segmentation, targeting and positioning with 4P’s of marketing mix to be applied to depict a streamlined yet basic plan of marketing, etc.
Get Help in Any Subject
Our intention is to help numerous students worldwide through effective and accurate work.
This states a foremost essentiality of a marketing plan by together demonstrating a clear goal of expansion by the company. It comprises with 3 major areas that are as referred below-
- S stands for segmentation- It is a primary tactic for the expansion of business where the quoted establishment has hereby chosen to enlarge their branches in some well-known locations named Manchester, Newcastle, Glasgow and Aberdeen in UK and represents a geographic segmentation opted by the organisation.
- T stands for targeting- This is meant to be used when the cited business is referring to target a particular set of people based on certain considerations to achieve a clear set of goals (Charter, 2017). Herein, “Your Destination” has chosen to apply a differentiated tactic of targeting to attract 2 distinct set of customers with one who are families or individuals and others who are business travellers.
- P stands for positioning- This is to successfully position itself in the market where the quoted business will hereby consider positioning themselves as a professional transportation service provider with both driver hiring and self-driving services for its users.
This depicts the most essential part of the plan which consists of 4 crucial P’s of marketing to concisely illustrate the plan, as depicted below-
- Product- This determines the services offered by “Your destination” in its expanded areas, where it will tend to provide transportation related services to the users in some newly selected areas with its new opened branches.
- Price- The cited entity has hereby chosen to opt for an economy pricing strategy to be applied for one of its targeted segment of families or individuals and economy pricing for its business travellers where both will be paying affordable rents or fares (The Marketing Mix and 4 Ps, 2013).
- Promotion- The cited enterprise has together considered applying distinct strategies of promotion to attract both of its targeted segments where its first audience referring to the category of families or individuals will be attracted through discount coupons, etc. In addition, this classification will also have an another alternative of availing self-driving cars on rent to attend some family functions or picnics and trip with friends.. However, interest of business travellers will be fetched using another promotional strategy where they would be able to avail discounts on round trip with up to 25- 50% discount on drop facilities as per the the distance or the drop location.
- Place- Lastly, the place will involve almost all corners of the chosen locations with an official branch in the main areas (Ral-Trebacz, Eckert and Dittfeld, 2018). It is with a vital presence of the quoted establishment in online means that will enable the travellers to book their rides using a mobile driven app or through the official website of “Your Destination”.
The above report summarised some effective marketing strategies of a chosen transportation company that is planning to expand with some new branches after a successful completion of its 3 years operation in London and Essex. It has primarily demonstrated the interrelationship of marketing function with other organisational departments with another part elucidating the application of 7 Ps of marketing mix. Lastly, it has illustrated a basic marketing plan to depict its agenda of successful expansion in other popular cities with a specific consideration of combating to the market leader of transportation industry.
- Pike, S., 2015.Destination Marketing: Essentials. Routledge.
- Philip, K., 2014. Marketing Essentials. A brief course: Translated from English.Moscow:“Williams” Publishing House,496.
- Malhotra, N.K., 2015.Essentials of marketing research: A hands-on orientation. Essex: Pearson.
- Purvis, J., 2016. Human Resources Marketing and Recruiting: Essentials of Digital Recruiting.Handbook of Human Resources Management, pp.53-71.