- 500+ Experts Online to help you 24x7
- Guaranteed Grade or Get Money Back!
- Rated 4.8/5 Out of 5087 Reviews
Health and safety is considered as one of the most essential aspect of all organisations in order to ensure the well-being of employees. It also helps the organisations in retaining employees for a long period of time. In companies, there is always some possibility of occurrence of accidents at the workplace. So, it is essential to provide them appropriate services regarding safety (Munn-Giddings and Winter, 2013). Present report is based on health and social care trust and to understand various aspects and effective implementation of policies of health and safety in order to manage the well-being of employees. This report covers the legislation of health and safety that is implemented at workplace and the effects of customers in health and social care. Further, it also includes various policies which are monitored and effectiveness of those at workplace. Moreover, in this report, there is evaluation of own contribution to the health ans safety requirements of an individual at the care home. .
1.1 Reviewing systems, policies and procedures for the purpose of communicating information in NHS
Health and safety is important at workplace as it provides appropriate environment which helps the patients and in fulfilling their requirement of those who are not able to care on their own. Appropriate communication helps to manage different tasks and they are able to communicate with their employees which is beneficial for the workplace (Lowes and Hulatt, 2013). There are various policies, systems and procedures for the purpose of communication information on health and social care workplace as it helps the employees or workers of HSC setting in order to provide high quality services to different users. For the same, policies and procedures are described as below:
- The reporting of injuries, diseases and dangerous occurrence regulations (RIDDOR) -This policy is made by the parliament of UK in which organisations are required to report regarding injuries that occur at workplace. It helps Mid Staffordshire NHS trust as they have to report the injuries that take place at the workplace. This is the major responsibility of employers so that they can report time to time. It context of this, complete information is provided to the authority including treatment and incidents (Coughlan, Cronin and Ryan, 2013).
- Control of substance hazardous to health 2002- In this, employees have to make sure regarding the duties of care and according to that, they have to perform their tasks. Further, the management is needed to make appropriate plan for handling the risk which takes place in organisation and to provide safety so that accidents can be reduced. It will also prove to be beneficial for the patients as by this, carers can give them effectual services so that users can recover from their health issues. There are some of the laws imposed on employers to ensure the safety of patients as it can reduce the rate of accidents and increase safety at workplace. NHS makes policies which help in ensuring the ethical code of conduct and in providing higher level of satisfaction to their customers.
- Health and safety at work Act 1974- In this act, the social care firms have to adopt policies made by government of UK. The responsibilities of the employees to provide the appropriate treatment to all the patients. It also helps to ensure the welfare ans health and safety in organisation at UK. Thus, NHS make sure the compliance of the different policies as per the ethical code of conduct and provide various services in an effective manner. (Webber and et.al., 2015).
In addition to this, the process of health and safety is considered to be one of the most important for the purpose of reducing the different types of accidents and also helps maintain the well-being of the employees. In context of NHS, the head of the department decided to promote the safety and appropriate environment at workplace through different process and systems.
- It covers the training which is one of the most important system by which employees of the stated organisation create awareness regarding the policies of health and safety. The members of staff are provided appropriate training through various methods which helps in using different types of equipments for conducting their work.
- There is another procedures for maintaining the health and safety of workers is through the policy of effective communication. There are certain different policies are introduced by the head of department which shall be established by all of the employees. It can be done with the help of conducting various meetings where employees are needed to make sure the workplace safety. However, there are certain ways by which there is an appropriate communication regarding the systems and policies can be made. It covers to post it on the noticeboards along with printing instruction and using direct mails which is also considered as an important method.
1.2 Responsibilities of NHS for the management of health and safety according to structure of organisation
The organisational structure of NHS helps to facilitate and provide appropriate information as per the responsibilities of management. According to the given case study, there is lack of communication and thus, patients cannot communicate properly due to inappropriate structure. The structure of the organisation and they are able to manage different activities which are described below:
Director of organisation has the top most position and it is the responsibility of him to provide appropriate guidance in order to manage the resources and activities at workplace in an effective manner. He is also responsible to make the rules and regulations so that employees can perform the tasks and achieve objectives of NHS within stipulated time period.
He also plays an essential role for the upward direction at NHS and they work related to the guidelines given by director and also, they are responsible for managing the assistant manager in context of health and safety at the workplace (Leichsenring, Billings and Nies, 2013).
They are responsible to make the plans for risk assessment and play an important role to manage the regulatory framework for health and safety at NHS. They also have to guide nurses of staff so that they would provide quality services to the clients.
The safety advisors in organisation explore workplace and ensure the safety of people and try to reduce the rate of accidents.
They are the people who are responsible for rendering quality services to their patients and provide the best care so that they can get recovered within specific time period (Moss, 2015).
In addition to this, employers at workplace have to ensure other responsibilities also which include the quality and safety which is required to consider and implement effective framework at workplace. Along with this, it is the duty of employer to give complete information about rules and regulations to the staff members. . It helps to increase the morale and interest of HSC care workers at the workplace (Drummond and et.al., 2015).
Health and safety at workplace is one of the most significant factor that shows effectiveness regarding the firm. This provides increment in the responsibilities on the different executives along with the management of organisation. It can be termed as the duty that is required to be complete in order to escape from compulsions as well as restrictions. In this context, there are some of the responsibilities of health and safety of all personnel are descri