- 500+ Experts Online to help you 24x7
- Guaranteed Grade or Get Money Back!
- Rated 4.8/5 Out of 5087 Reviews
Project management is a combination of various activities such as planning, organizing, implementing, controlling and monitoring. It allows the companies to plan their works by using limited resources. In this, it is project manager responsibilities to clearly state objectives and deliverables of the work so that a project plan can be developed in right manner. The present report is based on Fundamental of Project Management and to understand this, a case of ProjectPlus is taking into the consideration. Company delivers several project management services to its business clients such as Project Planning, Project Reporting, Risk Management, Benefits Realisation, providing teams of professionals to manage projects on behalf of clients etc. In the current time, there are three companies who comes contact with ProjectPlus in order to getting the help in launching of new products in UK by organizing an event on 2nd January 2017 (Kerzner, 2013).
Section I: Project Management Consultancy Report
1. Defining the project in terms of outcomes and purpose
On the basis of the given case scenario, it has evidence that Tesla Motors, GE Healthcare and DropBox are the three companies which has contacted to ProjectPlus to launch their new products and services in the marketplace. These business clients have deal in various industries and they have healthcare, automotive and cloud computing technology.
ProjectPlus Company has chosen the product launch event of DropBox where the business client wants to introduce a new encryption functionality service to their enterprise plan customers. With the help of this, it will become easy for DropBox service users to store highly sensitive data files, their sharing and transfer. The purpose and outcomes for business client of ProjectPlus by organizing the lunching event of a product in the UK are as follow:
- Lunching of DropBox new cloud based service in a London venue in afternoon and evening on 2ndJanuary 2017, Monday.
- Event will be attended by at least 500 audiences where entire show will be broadcasted lively over the internet (Burke, 2013).
- Dropbox will get the exposure by different recognized media outlets.
- During the launch, some kinds of entertainment and programs will organize that will suitable for product launch program.
- Arranging catering facility for the audiences who will attend the product launch event of DropBox in London.
- Make a separate area for VIP persons
- Establish coordination between different event execution activities such as logistic requirements, including registration, crowd control and health & safety (Meredith and Mantel Jr, 2011).
- Promoting product launch event of DropBox with suitable media and gathering of interested audiences.
- Carry out whole product launch event of business client under £150,000 budget by clarifying different expenditures.
2. Project SMART objectives
Project objectives define as the outcomes of the project which are long, medium or short team. It should be related to scope of project plan because it directly affects deliverables of work. By considering the major outcomes of the project, the project manager develops some project objectives. In the context of launching of new product of Dropbox, few SMART objectives have prepared. The reason of stating some SMART objectives because it will set few limitations in front of the project manager that will help in attaining the major deliverables of project work in a right manner. Along with this, this will help in comparing actual results with the expected outcomes where monitoring process of project plan becomes easier. By this, project manager will determine some unmet objectives and the reasons behind not completion of SMART objectives so that in the future such kinds of mistakes cannot be carried out. Hence, SMART objectives in the context of launch event project of Dropbox are as follows:
For Project Plus
- To raise customer satisfaction level of business client to 35% after the launch of new product of DropBox in January 2017.
- To enhance marker share of project consultancy services in the UK by 20% at the end of first quarter of 2017.
- To make increment in sales of project consultancy services from 14% to 24% after the end of first quarter of 2017 (Schwalbe, 2015).
For Project Manager of Project Plus
- By staying on budget, the project should be completed within £150,000 by the end of product launch event in January 2017.
- Project should be finished within the 1 month by attaining the major project deliverables at the end of 2ndJanuary, 2017.
For Drop Box
- To get the more significant exposure from recognized media sources after ending of product launch on 2ndJanuary, 2017.
- To increase the sales of cloud services by 22% to 25% after launching a new service in the UK with the end of January, 2017 (Wysocki, 2011).
3. Specifying the project scope
On the basis of the given case scenario, it has clearly identified that Dropbox has needed the help of ProjectPlus in launching of new product in the UK. To create a project plan, project manager has required developing a project scope including project boundaries, deliverables and requirements. This can be considered as the first section of project planning which has developed on the basis of objectives and major deliverables. For new product launch event, the project scope is a