- 500+ Experts Online to help you 24x7
- Guaranteed Grade or Get Money Back!
- Rated 4.8/5 Out of 5087 Reviews
Communication is an essential process at every workplace which facilitate in delver better and effective delivery of services so that suitable gain could be impose (Antheunis, Tates and Nieboer, 2013). In health and social care, each and every aspect required to communicate properly so that absolute derivation of outcome could be drawn. This project includes three case studies on communication aspects where the importance of exchange of data could be evaluated in better manner. Such sections will going to reflect upon on utilisation of communication skills at health and social care. It will also define about various factors whom used to influence the communication process at workplace. Although, there will be a requirement to implement ICT at health and social care setting.
1.1 Application of relevant theories of communication at health and social care
Anna was a lady whom got suffer from a stroke where a health and social care setting doctors not respond to much on the needs and demand of such individual. They prescribed wrong and unnecessary comments on Anna and her husband and not respond to provide appropriate diagnose to them (Bennett, 2010). Later they want to GP from where they got transfer to another hospital and get diagnose from stroke. Thus, doctors and nurses of such hospital need to understand about various theories of communication properly at health and social care setting so that effective delivery of services used to take place. Some theories of communication are:
- Humanistic theory: In this theory, appropriate analysis of an individual is must which facilitate in identifying the major cause. Doctor required to understand the basic need of Anna and then used to provide suitable care from which they betray. This might cause the chances of death of Anna which further could be sue in nature by her husband.
- Behaviourism theory: This theory define and signify about the behaviour of an individual properly so that a better understanding of their nature suppose to be done. Doctor of such health care practice have to analyse the behaviour of Anna properly and recognise such symptoms. Thus, if they found any deviation in report then appropriate diagnosis need to deliver to her so that her health could improve.
1.2 Use of communication skills in health and social care
Communication skills at health and social care need to be appropriate and effective in nature so that better and supportive delivery of services need to get done (Betancourt and et. al., 2016). Thus, doctors of HSC need to understand about use of communication skills properly so that Anna might got the better and supportive delivery of services. Some major techniques and utilisation of communication skills in HSC are define as follow in context with Anna case:
- Verbal: It is really important for an individual to communicate their things properly through verbal section. As per the Anna case she was not able to speak properly but her husband could do. Although, no one listen to them properly and thus, this resulted in not providing services properly.
- Listen: Another communication skill is to listen the things properly. It is really important so that things could be understand in better manner. As per the case of Anna doctor not used to listen a single word from Anna husband and refuse to provide services to her by saying that she has drink something and emergencies are not for such drunk individuals.
Such things define that HSC need to facilitate appropriate communication skill management whom used to understand the thoughts and aspects of patient and individual of care setting.
1.3 Methods of dealing with inappropriate interpersonal communication between individuals in HSC
Interpersonal communication is a process when message exchange between two or more individual. There are various kinds of problems could be evaluated at the time of lack of interpersonal communication (Coulter and et. al., 2014). The barriers of inappropriate interpersonal communication are breach of confidentiality, breach of trust, misinterpretation etc. Hence, all such need to improve in better manner through determine appropriate and suitable method of communication:
- Confidentiality of information: One of a noteworthy approach through which unseemly correspondence process can be bargain out is to keep up secrecy of data. On the off chance that any kind of lack of regard get relate to trade of data then the trust whereupon mind relationship is fabricated will be lost.
- Face to face communication: One of a major way through chances of misinterpretation could be reduce is face to face communication. Although, this could be arise a situation of inappropriate communication among each and every individual. HSC have to implement this section so that better delivery of messages could be done.
1.4 Analyse the use of strategies to support users of HSC services with specific communication needs
Sometimes, there are several number of individuals get determine whom used to evaluated as specific communication needs (Epstein and Street, 2011). Thus, to deal with such individuals, management of HSC need to craft better and effective strategies to support users of HSC services. As per the Anna case, it got found that she was not able to speak properly. These individuals got identify as aspects with specific needs. Thus, the strategies to deal with them are define and formulate as follow:
- Alternative language: Few time, some individuals arrive at HSC whom do not able to speak local language properly. These individuals identify as person with specific needs. Thus to manage and deal with them , association need to implement an option of alternative language with translator whom used to understand such context and deliver their aspects properly.
- Process for assessing additional support: As per the Anna case she was an individual who suffer from stroke and not able to speak properly. Thus, at such course of time, additional support is required at each and every level through which might Anna would get recover in recent course of time. This support could be in form of some more individuals and staff availability.
2.1 Explain how the communication process is influenced by values and culture factors
In health and social care there are various kinds of individual arrive over there. Thus, communication need to take place in better and definite manner while considering all major factors and of values and cultures which used to influence the communication process (Grajales and et. al., 2014). As per the case where student nurse used to not follow her the duty of care culture properly and left patient hysterectomy all alone which used to increase the chances of risk. The various factors which used to influence get influence by values and culture factors are describe