Coursework: Formative – 500 words for peer review in small groups (informal feedback will be given but you will not be marked), Summative – final individual report (formal, individually marked)]
- Summative (Main) Project: This project is based on a fictitious case study (details to be provided separately) that presents students with a business project scenario. You must take the role of Project Manager and are required to analyse the case study, research the best approach to managing it and develop the following four items of project planning documentation, to be submitted as a single, individual report
- Sample Project Initiation Document (PID) including budgetary information, timescales, objectives, approach, key staff and stakeholder analysis (approx. 750 words);
- Gantt chart with at least 20 items in the WBS. The Gantt chart should include all necessary core elements (tasks, dependencies, milestones, summary tasks) and a clear indication of the critical path. It is recommended that MS Project is used (available on most of the university PCs) for this but any tool that allows you to present this information appropriately may be employed. All diagrams should be embedded into your report as images
- Risk register containing at least 10 fully documented risks, including owner, mitigation and contingency actions, pre-and post- action weighting and scores
- A short report to the project sponsor (approx. 1,000 words) containing both of the following:
- An explanation of the importance of quality risk management plans and the potential impact on the project were rigorous risk management processes to be ignored;
- An analysis and critique of the potential relevance of PRINCE2 as a methodology for this project (including strengths and weaknesses) and a recommendation as to whether or not this should be used. There is no right or wrong answer for this and hence marks will be given on the basis of how well you have explained and justified your decision'