- 500+ Experts Online to help you 24x7
- Guaranteed Grade or Get Money Back!
- Rated 4.8/5 Out of 5087 Reviews
Human resource management is basically proper and efficient management of human resources of the organisation. It is basically designed to maximise the skills as well as performance of employees within the work place, by doing so, the company will be able to attain productivity and profitability in an effective as well as efficient manner. It can be regarded as the process of searching, recruiting, selecting, training as well as development of employees in a manner that will result in higher efficiency as well as profitability for the company. For the purpose of management of this Human resource every company have a separate HR department who will be taking care of the various aspects related to Human resource and its management for this purpose they will hire a HR manger who will take care of the day to day activities of the business (Griffin, 2013 ). Tesco is a one of the biggest retailer, who is engaged in the business of retailing. The company has stores all over the world and is regarded as one of the biggest company in the field of retailing after Wall mart. The company has various strategies to attract consumers and creating a positive base for itself in the future.
P1. The purpose and different functions of Human Resource Management
HRM is basically management of the people within the company. It also have various aspects which needs to be considered by the HR manager of the company in order to make sure that right kind of talent is hired in the company and at least possible cost. HRM is responsible for conducting various training and development programs to make their employees feel motivated to do the work in an efficient as well as effective manner. There are various functions of Human resource management as well, these are described as follows:
Recruitment and Selection:
It can be regarded as one of the most important function of Human resource management. It involves recruiting the right kind of talent for the company so that they can contribute for the overall success and growth of organisation in the future (Smith, 2014). There are some other benefits also which can be derived by the company is right kind of talent is recruited by the company. The next step after recruitment is selection, from the various applicants who would have applied for the company’s Job, few right kinds of candidates will be selected keeping in mind the Job specification and Job design.
- Orientation: It is also a very crucial function of HR Management. It involves making employees aware about the various roles and responsibilities that every individual would be having in the company. It is a very important part of any business; it makes individuals within the company aware of their various role as well as responsibilities. This will make sure that new employees become aware of the current environment that is prevailing within the company (Esteves, Franks and Vanclay, 2012).
Managing employee relation effectively:
Representatives are significant asset of firm, all capacity of an association depends on the execution of representatives and labourers. Representative relationship is exceptionally vital capacity of HRM. Tesco begin different exercises inside association to keep up great and amicable relationship among workers. These activities give assistance to refer to around a representative at individual and in addition proficient level (Weekley and Ployhart,. eds., 2013 ).
- Maintaining Good working condition: HR director is in charge of keep up great workplace in an association. It is essential capacity in light of the fact that for new representatives it is anything but difficult to work in solid and cordial condition. Management shall make sure that right kind of managerial policies are framed that will motivate an individual to work in an effective as well as efficient manner. Worker welfare is additionally a critical angle in an association.
- Training and development: It involves training as well as development of the employees who are being hired in the company. If they will not be trained properly through various training programmes then they will become a liability for the company and also contribute to the cost. Training and development will make an individual to feel motivated and work more productively as well as effectively. It also ensures that growth of organisation and its capabilities does not come to halt in any manner.
P2. Strength as well as weaknesses of different kind of approaches of recruitment and selection
There are various approaches to recruitment and selection and each approach suits an organisation based on its structure and needs that it have. HRM is a process which includes job design, performance appraisals, promotion, management, planning etc. Recruitment and selection procedure would ask for talented applicants to apply for the job based on their skills and job design match. This can be a very good job opportunity for people who want to get placed in an organisation. There are various strength as well weaknesses of different kinds of approaches to recruitment as well as selection. These are described a