Pass attainment level.
- You must demonstrate knowledge and a clear understanding of relevant concepts and theories.
- You will demonstrate the ability to apply theoretical knowledge and link it to practice to show insight to the real world situation.
- You must demonstrate the ability to synthesize material from a range of sources in order to provide a critical analysis of key theoretical and empirical issues.
- Arguments should be effectively communicated, with a balanced structure to the essay and appropriate referencing using the Harvard system.
1. Use Arial 12 point font.
2. 1.5 line spacing or follow any set regulated spacing.
3. Ensure that there is good usage of grammar and correct spelling throughout.
4. Neatly present the final work.
5. Appendix not allowed.
- Using the specific operations performance objectives, it can be argued that NTUC is focused on satisfying its customers’ requirements for flexible and dependable services at a reasonable market price. Specifically you should:
- Outline the essential components for ‘effective business operations management’ (creating value for the customer) for NTUC’s operation within Singapore.
- Use a soft systems methodology to evaluate the issues NTUC might face if they decide to introduce hybrid facilities to allow their customers to continue ‘order goods online and have these delivered to the door. Support your discussion with appropriate
- business operations models (i.e. operation strategy performance (priorities) model,customer value, the service gap model, four v’s profile etc.).
- For the new system you should include Root Definition, CATWOE and produce a detailed “Rich Picture” (hand drawn) to fully illustrate your answer. Your rich picture must indicate the problems well as the solution.
- By means of a business process plan illustrate the changes including “AS IS” and “TO BE”. Detailed explanations of both plans are required and support your discussions with relevant literature
- Discuss how the managers would turn performance objectives into operations priorities and the resources that would be necessary for effective implementation of the new process
- Using a Balanced Scorecard, discuss how the business performance can be measured post implementation (refer to the last three years of company annual reports and any other relevant data for improvement and target trends for NTUC).