LO1. Explain the context for innovation and determine the difference between invention and innovation
LO2 Explain the different types of innovation
LO3 Discuss the process required to commercialise innovation
LO4 Evaluate the range of methods for protecting ideas and understand their advantages and disadvantages
Unit Learning Outcomes:
1. Explain the context for innovation and determine the difference between invention and innovation.
2. Explain the different types of innovation.
3. Discuss the process required to commercialise innovation.
4. Evaluate the range of methods for protecting ideas and understand their advantages and disadvantages.
In today’s competitive landscape it is critical that organisations continually innovate both their product/s offering and processes to ensure that they remain competitive in the market.
Task 1 to 4 Addressing LO1, LO2, LO3 and LO4:
This has to be submitted as specified , addressing all the LO and AC’s. The assessment report should cover the following in general, but answer the P questions as specified below against each LO for the relevant tasks and adhere to the merit and distinctions questions towards achieving a merit or distinction:-
1. An overview of the organisation.
2. An explanation of the philosophy (Innovation and commercialisation) as against invention
3. An assessment of the various sources of innovation, development and management (metrics).
4. The approach to creating innovation culture within the organisation (systems and structures, leadership, vision, mission, teams, networking).
5. Legislations for protecting creativity.
You will continue using the above scenario as a CEO and are required to continue the report (by using supportive materials like books, Journals, websites, the given case study, etc.) on the findings for LO2. The answers need to reflect the given business scenario.
You will continue using the above scenario as a CEO and are required to continue writing your report (by using supportive materials like books, Journals, websites, the given case study, etc.,) on the findings for LO3. The answers need to reflect the given scenario.
LO 1 Establish project aims, objectives and timeframes based on the chosen theme.
LO2 Conduct small- scale research, information gathering and data collection, generating knowledge to support the project as specified above:
LO3 Present the project and communicate appropriate recommendations based on meaningful conclusions drawn from the evidence findings and /or analysis
LO4 Reflect on the value gained from conducting the project and its usefulness to support...ReadMore
1.1. Assessment Brief – Element 1: Group Presentation
In Week 10 of your programme you will deliver a Dragon’s Den business idea presentation, as part of a team, to a panel consisting of two tutors. The presentation will be 10 minutes long with 5 minutes for questions and answers.
In order to achieve this you will organise your own group in week 2 and you will receive presentation guidelines throughout the term.
In your group, your task is to plan a...ReadMore